I don’t know exactly which side is right on the fiscal cliff debate but I do know that the rest of us will suffer and that the members of congress will not suffer significantly. I would like to see a 100% tax on any income over $250,000 for members of Congress if the they can’t agree on a budget before Christmas. Maybe the rich bastards in Congress would make an effort to get their work done in a timely fashion if they had a little incentive.
While we are at it, we should eliminate Health Insurance for members of Congress and their families until every American is insured. Why do the rich members of Congress need such luxuries as Health Insurance? They have enough money to pay their medical bills without the help of the average taxpayer.
- Obama Cuts Vacation Short As ‘Fiscal Cliff’ Looms (npr.org)
- Obama back home to work on fiscal cliff (bigpondnews.com)
- Fiscal Cliff: Obama Cuts Holiday Short (news.sky.com)
- Op-ed: Why not jump off that fiscal cliff? (nj.com)
- Sen. Reid: nation appears headed over fiscal cliff (newsobserver.com)
- U.S. poised to go off “fiscal cliff”: Senator Reid (news.yahoo.com)